HELLO, HOLA, NI HAO

3 Cultures, 1 Forever Family

Thursday, March 1, 2012

One week

That's all that we have left.  At this time next Thursday we will be almost 3 hours into our 13.5 hour flight.  Everyone asks me if I'm excited....I am but I am also very anxious.  I am super excited about the kiddos.  I can't wait to meet them and make them a part of our family at a pace that is comfortable to them.  But I am not at all excited about all the travel.  Two flights that cross the ocean, two connecting flights, one fight across Ch*na, and four train rides.  That is alot of travel and one two week trip.  And most of all I will miss my babies desperately.  I have to spend 17days away from them....that is just too long!  Add to that, that this week has been so hard and I'm one overwhelmed Mama.  I'm trying to get all the last minute details taken care of for travel and work.  Everyone has been sick.  Greg and Liliana have the Flu, Toby is fighting a continued ear infection, and I'm fighting off something.  I pray everyone heals up and the weekend will be a productive one.  Here is our Itinerary so you can follow along....
3/8 Leave
3/9 Arrive Beijing  
3/10 Free Day.
3/11 Go to Jinan by train; Meet and take custody of Han and Wen Qiang in the afternoon at the Civil Affairs Office.
3/12 Go to the Civil Affairs Office for adoption paperwork.
3/13 Go to Qingdao by train
3/14 Sightseeing in Qingdao or visit the orphanage.

3/15 Go back to Jinan by train.  pick up Children's passports
3/16 Fly to Guangzhou
3/17 Children’s visa medical examination, including the TB test.

3/18 Sightseeing in Guangzhou.
3/19 Pick up the Children's Medical Reports
3/20 Visa interview and oath ceremony .

3/21 Pick up the children’s visas in the afternoon. Take the train to Hong Kong.
3/22 Take flight for home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment