HELLO, HOLA, NI HAO

3 Cultures, 1 Forever Family

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Great Wall

We were able to join a tour group to see the Great Wall today.  I really enjoyed being in a group and meeting new people.  The people in our tour group were from France, India, Columbia, Sweden, and Romania.  The ride to and from the Wall is long, around 90 minutes with traffic.  When we got there we had 3 choices on how to get up to the Great Wall.  You could ride the ski lift, your could walk the trail, or you could ride the tram.  I hate all things that dangle from cables, but I braved the tram and boy was it worth it.  The view was stunning.  We hiked the Wall for about two and a half hours.  I'm not sure what we were thinking because we started out going down and the hike was easy, but everything we walked down we had to walk back up.  At one point I told Greg to tell the children I love them and to just leave me to die.  I was SOOOOOO tired and muscles in my legs hurt that I didn't even know I had. :) 
                                                        Coming up on the Tram

                                                   The starting point down below

                                         The view of the Wall to the left of the viewing platform

 This was the section we hiked.  There are many sections you are can hike, our guide said this one is the best.

                                                   We hiked this entire portion of the Wall

                                                 I loved the view from the Watchtower window!

                                                                     The Mountians

                                                                  It was steep!

                                                     The view from the bottom of that section

                                       Feeling refreshed...not so much now.  Now we just ache. lol

                                                             NI HAO 6th GRADE!!! (and Kindergarten)

                              A girl from Germany suggested this picture setup.  She was very sweet.

       We walked all the way down that section, so of course we had to walk all the way back up it.

                                      The Great Wall twisting up the mountains....very cool!

This was where I was begging for death. lol.  Greg wanted to take a picture when I was doubled over and resting my head on the steps but I wouldn't let that happen.

                                                              Only two more sections to go!

                                                                       We made it!

                                                             The ride back down. 
I was truly a most awesome experience!  The weather was perfect, the group was great, the hike was exhusting but memorable.  I am SO glad we got to do it!  Now only 19 more hours until we meet the kids.  Tomorrow is Han and Wenqiang Day!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're right. That is amazing!

    Now, onward to something even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What an experience. Definitely thinking if you and sending prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Those pictures look awesome and make we wanna get on a plane right now!! hehehe So happy you guys are getting to enjoy everything you can while you're there! You definitely deserve it! Love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete